29.11.05

scars of fire

i was in sydney this weekend for a few last minute wedding things and it was interesting to once again be in a city that is so big and eclectic... i mean it was a shock, after so long in good old planed canberra, to see roadside advertising, service stations on the side of main roads and front fences!

i am both looking forward and dreading the move, i feel like the city might be big enough to engulf me but at the same time i see glimmers of hope for our very own "sin city"

i remember one time back in sydney a few years ago i was walking through an area that was decimated by one of the many fires that have swept through the bushland. as i walked through tall trees black with the scars of the inferno, i saw on the upper limbs, little green buds that were shooting out from the branches bursting out to produce the much needed life that the tree needed...

As i walked my mp3 CD walkman (the feeble excuse for not getting an iPod) loaded up this song by enter the worship circle and i had it one of those God invading moments where things connect and you just know the Lord is speaking.


You have redeemed my soul
From the pit of emptiness
You have redeemed my soul
From death

I was a hungry child
A dried up river
I was a burned out forest
And no one could do anything for me

But you put food in my body
Water in my dry bed
And to my blackened branches you brought the
springtime rain of new life
And nothing is impossible for you

7 Comments:

At 5:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved this post. God is speaking - very powerful, very cool.
Love emma

 
At 2:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, on the other hand, am far more superficial. What happened to your iPod?

Nick

 
At 3:26 pm, Blogger andy said...

it was a flash back my friend.... this happened in a date that was B.i. Before iPod ;)

 
At 3:01 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh yes. Phew...

 
At 6:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

B.I i think my grandpa talks about that time. "back in my day we only had computers with 160G hard drives and sometimes only 1040M of ram" Gee i can still rember my first T drive like it was new omgosh you people are so old
And what happaned to bloging daliy i have no life but reading your thoughts and your not thinkin much...

 
At 8:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps. what email are you using at the moment i have something i want to send you .... you can email me at
soph555@gmail.com
thanks dude

 
At 8:57 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pps. dont worry i am stupid and missed that you sent me it already

 

Post a Comment

<< Home