10.11.05

i havnt rocked in ages

Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
let me hide myself in thee;
let the water and the blood,
from thy wounded side which flowed,
be of sin the double cure;
save from wrath and make me pure.



i thought that funking up old hymns was a bit of a new trend with the likes if Tim Hughes and the Passion Band guys reviving the old classics with a fresh feel... but i had not yet heard Al Green

i got an old school album of the "rev" and man he is kicking on the full black gospel choir, hammond organ ... its rockin!

i was thinking about this old hymn though thinking about some stuff that’s happening for me right now...

how often do we put our trust not in God but in his people?

i know that on the "theoretical" side the people of God should "reprezent" the same love and compassion of our saviour.... but you know what .... we don’t always

i think i need to realign my trust into the hands of the perfect God rather than the fallen selfish but forgiven members of his body...

of which i am the most fallen and selfish.....

2 Comments:

At 2:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A blog ! omgosh hope you never find my blog .... all the best with life smell pants

 
At 9:18 am, Blogger andy said...

a blog ay.... i must find it...

no wait i REALY dont want to know your deepest thoughts ;)

check ya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home