3.7.06

im standing on the rock, and my name is on the roll....

Once again I do apologise for the recent lack of activity on the blog front, I am currently working on some stuff that has taken up a lot of my thought and time, but cannot be revealed just yet…. Soon my loyal legion of fans…. (a cricket chirps in the background…)


Anyway I currently have a rock in my pocket, ummmm… no seriously, on Sunday night we heard a great message on the armour of God, specifically about the sword of the spirit which is the word of God.

We were encouraged to chose a memory verse and write it on a rock to meditate on for the week, and I chose John 15:5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.”

I love this verse because it is both an encouragement and a big fat slap around the head, It encourages us because we know the it is Jesus who is working through us…. But it slaps us around the head and says but remember it is Jesus working through you NOT you working for Jesus

When it all comes down to the rock I wrote my memory verse could be used by God to declare his praise, but the wonderful privilege is that he choses us, choses us to be his hands and his feet. What an encouragement and what a reality check.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 4:09 pm, Blogger Sarah said...

when i first saw the pic i thought The Grand master had dumped a load on your keys lol.....

intresting thought about carrying it around on a rock (lucky you chose a small one) I always thought a note in a purse was more than enough but hey thats just me ..

good to see something move on this page all the same

take care MR
love always and ever
sarah

 
At 7:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Secret project?

You've got nothing! NOTHING!

CONFESS IT!

You've just been watching videos on YouTube.

Nick

 
At 7:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

personaly I see the wisdom in Proverbs 27:14
I might get that printed on christian PJs and sell them at the hillsong sunday market

 
At 1:29 pm, Blogger Barry said...

Some days the verses sink in - some days they roll off my back like water on a ducks back, but that is just me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home