10.9.06

the last, the lost and the least

tonight i had the pleasure of sharing at church... my first sermon at maroubra baptist.... it went pretty good and i linked my blog on the handout, so if your reading this from church, welcome to notyetfinished....

i have included the sermon for download (will try to put the audio on some time)

the video reflection is available here on youtube

and the links to reaserch those looking out for the last in this world...

www.makepovertyhistory.com.au
www.shareanopportunity.org
www.amnesty.org.au
www.oxfam.org.au
www.fta.org.au
www.worldvision.com.au

so please comment add your ideas, voice your doubts, and think about how we can look out and help the last in this world.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 1:58 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's the poem? You had the 3 points - ok, ok. just kidding


OK - thought provoking. If we go by when we feel we should help - we are really messing up. All we need to do is stop and help - in what way we can

 
At 3:55 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Andy! 'Tis me again...with the being up late and all...this time it's almost 4 am and I finsihed an art assignment about 1/2 an hour ago. I should really learn me some o' that time management everybody's talking about...

Anyway, yeah I liked the sermon, challenging and interesting. I guess for me the biggest thing blocking me from reaching out to the last, the lost and the least is my perception that I'm somehow better - my pride gets kinda in the way. I reckon until that stops in the church, we're none of us gonna get nowhere. Really liked the analogy likening the church to a bunch of beggars telling others where to get the bread... very useful.

Pray for the church everyone!

Now to get ma 3 hours of snoozy time. Catch ya Sunday Andy!

 
At 10:06 am, Blogger andy said...

ash u goto get more sleep dude!

yeh i think its easy to think that we are better even on the "spiritual" level, becouse we know God... but its only becouse God has first loved us that we even have a chance...

 
At 12:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ash, you really need to get some decent sleep love...you're mad ;)

Andy -i loved your sermon. Best one yet (i'm biased of course). Keep up the good work, i loved the way that you graciously punched everyone in the face with the word of God...bring it on :)

Love,
Emma

 
At 7:07 pm, Blogger Sarah said...

mmmmm rice cakes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home